LUCKY DOG TRAINING CLUB COVID-19 POLICY
Our concern for the safety of our students is paramount. We are dedicated to making your dog training experience both safe and effective.
Effective immediately is our mandatory COVID-19 policy. These precautions are designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
By attending class, you are agreeing to follow these policies. You are also attesting that to the best of your knowledge you are free of the novel coronavirus or have not experienced any symptoms in the past 14 days (fever, coughing, shortness of breath), or been exposed to anyone with the virus; that you accept the risks associated with your attendance at class at Lucky Dog; and waive, release and hold harmless Lucky Dog Training Club and its owners and instructors from any claim or liability related to COVID-19.
To train at Lucky Dog, you must follow this policy. If you do not agree with it, you are encouraged to wait to train at Lucky Dog at such time that this safety policy is no longer needed and waived by management.
In addition, if you refrain from following this safety policy, you will be excused from class. You are welcome to return at a time when your compliance can be assured. No refunds or credits will be forthcoming if you are asked to leave a class or lesson, or if you choose to leave.
- A mask/face covering must always be worn when you are in the training building. You must bring a mask with you. It is suggested that you sometimes practice at home wearing a mask to get your dog used to it.
- A mask/face covering must always be worn when you are in the training field. However, in agility training, when it is your turn to run, your face covering may be removed to avoid hypoxia. It will be worn while entering the ring and immediately before exiting. When waiting for your turn, a distance of at least 6’ will be maintained and masks will be worn.
- Members working alone in the training building or in the training field may work without a face covering. However, if another member arrives to train in that same area, both individuals must immediately don face coverings. Therefore, all members arriving to train in the building or on the field must have a face mask/covering with them to put on if needed.
- Please do not arrive early for class. You will be allowed to enter the building or set up on the field 10 minutes before your class is due to begin. This ensures adequate time for the previous class to exit without needing to pass by those coming in and allows time to disinfectant.
- Please socially distance yourself from others. Be aware of others’ distance when you are working with your dog and be sure to stay at least 6’ away from others (typically about a leash length).
- Please enter and exit the building and field one at a time to allow plenty of distance from others.
- As much as we ordinarily enjoy meeting new people, to accommodate social distance guidelines, the fewer people who attend a class the better. Please leave observers at home. You may bring one additional person with you to class if necessary if this additional person is also responsible for the daily training of your dog.
- Upon arrival to class, digital temperatures may be taken and any person that shows a fever and / or any person that during class that exhibits signs of illness such as coughing, wheezing, sneezing, watery eyes, etc. will be excused.
- When adjusting training equipment, students may be assigned specific jumps or equipment so that multiple people are not touching the same items in the class. Disinfect your hands before and after any such adjustments are made. Disinfectant spray should be applied to any training equipment after touching it.
- When using frequently touched items such as door levers, water fountain activators, and hand sanitizer dispensers, please try to use your elbow instead of your hand.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged; especially at the start of class and anytime after you make any equipment adjustments. Hand sanitizer is available, but ideally, you will bring a bottle of your own.
- Remain at home if you do not feel well!!!