Private consultations for dogs and puppies of all ages
We can help you find an effective solution to behavior problems and training issues.
- Do you want a more well-mannered or responsive dog?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your dog’s behavior?
- Is your dog experiencing behavioral problems?
- Are you feeling anxious about all the work involved in changing your dog’s behavior?
- Are the group classes at a bad time and difficult to
- Do you just want more personalized attention to work on your specific training goals?
For any of these reasons and more we are happy to provide private, one-on-one consultations, training, and behavior modification. (P
rivate instruction in dog agility is also available.)
Although we also provide training in traditional group class settings, we recognize that sometimes, for a number of reasons, classes are not always the best approach for everyone. Whether because of b
usy schedules, dog temperament or behavior issues, or just for the convenience, we believe that these things shouldn’t stand in the way of having a happy and well-trained dog that’s a welcome member of your family.
In order to help you and your dog, we’re happy to provide private training here at Lucky Dog or at your home or other appropriate environments — tailored to fit the needs of you and your dog. We often recommend that everyone responsible for training the dog attend the sessions (unless you opt for Day Training, see below). If the need for private training is because of a behavioral issue, we can tailor a training and behavioral modification program for many behavior problems that occur.
Here are other things you should know. We use no-force, positive-reinforcement methods of training backed by sound scientific learning theory. We have a Certified Professional Dog Trainer who will work with you to develop concrete and realistic solutions to the problems you are facing with your dog, then give you the tools and support you will need to teach your dog good behavior or improve obedience skills.
Issues We Can Address
Either through one-on-one personalized sessions or day training these are some of the many issues that we can help with:
- Good manners skills (greeting people nicely, walking politely on leash, coming when called, and many others)
- Crate training
- Destructive behavior
- Dashing out the door
- Fear aggression toward other dogs outside the home
- Jumping up on people
- Fear aggression toward people.
- Lack of focus or impulse control
- Preparing your dog for the arrival of the new baby.
- Building a solid and safe relationship between your new puppy or dog and the kids (see the Family Dog All Stars Program below).
- We can also schedule private instruction in dog agility.
Private training is the right choice if:
- Your dog has specific behavior issues that are not addressed in a group class or make your dog an inappropriate candidate for group class;
- Your dog does not get along well with other dogs or people;
- Your dog has difficulty focusing around other dogs or in new places;
- You have a schedule that makes attending a group class difficult;
- You prefer the one-on-one focus of the trainer that private training provides;
- You are in a group class but want some extra help.
Your private consultation and training includes several steps.
- Discuss your dog’s behavior & medical history
- Discuss your goals for your dog in detail
- Learn some basics on how dogs learn and positive reinforcement
- Outline a behavior & training program
- Work with you and your dog, teaching you both the skills needed to lessen problems and increase the reliability of appropriate behavior
- Provide a written report of the session and handouts to help ensure your success as you continue to practice at home.
How to Schedule a Private Consultation or Training Lesson
Call 561-427-6700 to discuss your training goals or your dog’s behavior issues, we will schedule an appointment that’s convenient for you.