“Bella and I both loved the virtual tricks class! It was great for continued bonding and we had so much fun working together. In addition, the instructor was awesome, wonderful to work with and encouraging. She made learning easy. We can’t wait for another class!” -Brittany T.
TRICKS, TREATS & FUN class is for dogs of all ages (yes, an old dog can learn new tricks!). It is a light-hearted class to teach you and your dog some fun show-off tricks. Teaching your dog tricks keeps their mind active. Many tricks even have a practical use.
It is great fun for the whole family! Make it a project with the kids.
The best part? The more tricks you train your dog, the faster your dog will learn new tricks! You learn how to teach him better and your dog actually learns how to figure things out faster. Your ability to communicate with your dog will increase, you’ll see a boost in your dog’s confidence, and you will see it dramatically improve your relationship with him in every area of your life.
What dogs should participate?
Puppies and older dogs are all welcome!
In this class, you do not have to leave your home! That means that dogs who are shy, fearful, reactive, or overexcited toward other dogs or people can participate.
Tricks class is especially beneficial in the case of nervous or fearful dogs. While learning tricks and problem-solving, your dog will gain trust in your ability to communicate more clearly with him. This helps to reduce anxiety and stress.
More than just tricks!
Besides fun tricks, you will learn how to play games and do brain-engaging, life-enriching activities with your lucky dog.
As an added bonus, we are adding a FREE 5th class where you and your dog will be creating an art masterpiece that is made without your dog getting paint on them. You’ll find the true Paw-casso inside of your dog!
“Hooligan and I enjoyed Tricks Class very much! Taking a class via Zoom was convenient, saved time (no 40-minute car ride!), and fun. It allowed me to continue to train my puppy while staying safe during a pandemic. I would take more classes online due to the convenience! Cheryl is a fantastic teacher!” -Michele D.
Learn more about the class. Click on each section:
Through & Come
Activity: It’s a Wrap!
Activity: Shell game
Two Paws up
Activity: Tic Tac Toe – You play together! (Seriously.) Do you think you can beat your dog?
Activity: Having a ball!
Paw-casso painting. You help your dog create an art masterpiece (without getting paint on either of you!)
Aug 8, 2020 by 6 pm: receive your 1st set of recorded videos of 3 tricks and 1 brain-engaging activity. (Coaching begins next week.)
- Saturday, Aug 15th at 1 pm: attend live Zoom coaching session to perfect your tricks and do an activityAug 15th by 6 pm: receive 2nd set of recorded videos of 3 tricks and an activity
- Saturday, Aug. 22nd at 1 pm: attend live Zoom coaching session to perfect your tricks and do an activityAug. 22nd by 6 pm: receive 3rd set of recorded videos of 3 tricks and an activity
- Saturday, Aug. 29th at 1 pm: attend live Zoom coaching session to perfect your tricks and do an activityAug. 29th by 6 pm: receive 4th set of recorded videos of 3 tricks and an activity
- Saturday, Sept. 5th at 1 pm: attend live Zoom coaching session to perfect your tricks and do an activitySept. 12th @1 pm: FREE BONUS painting live with your instructor. You can choose to do this fun session or not, but we don’t think you’ll want to miss it!
- Have tail-wagging fun!
- Build skills, teamwork, and eager performance so that you get better listening skills from your dog every day.
- Burn some energy so that your dog gets into less trouble at home; a tired and satisfied dog is a calmer dog!
- Improve your dog’s attention and focus so they can become better behaved.
- Learn some new skills that you can do and play at home whether you have a high energy dog or a couch potato.
- Games motivate both dogs and owners to interact and create fun. When you share fun, your dog wants to pay attention to you.
Prerequisites: Not many!
- A healthy and happy dog and a fun-loving dog parent.
- A computer/laptop/tablet/phone with a camera and mic; and wifi. (Worried about the technology? Don’t! We mean it when we say we’ve got you. We can walk you through it before your first class begins.)
There are virtually no props needed to teach your dog (or puppy) the tricks. To do the activities you will gather the supplies you need ahead of time, many of which you can find around the house. The others will be inexpensive and you can order them in advance from Amazon or your fave retailer, should you choose to do that activity. (That’s right, you can customize the course to do just what you want!)