Ready to engage your energetic puppy? Want to work on off-leash attention and obedience skills? If you are a motivated owner, this 4-week class is for you!
This is a fun, high-energy 4-week class. This mostly off-leash class is similar to Focus Foundation except that in addition to obedience skills we will continue to promote good socialization skills through off-leash play and interaction. We will work on sit, down stand and stay, adding duration, distance, and distraction, and using positive reinforcement (and the clicker for those that want to). Go to mat will be improved and we will work on training issues such as jumping on people. To provide mental stimulation for your dog (and have fun!) we may do some trick training in class. Attention training, impulse control, and games will be an important focus of this class.
Here is what one class participant had to say about Super Puppy:
“I really loved class last night. I heard a lot of positive feedback. I think that it is a must for older pups. I have taken many dog classes with my dogs and this is one of the best. I can’t wait for next week!” -Lisa R.
- Your pup should be a graduate of Ideal Puppy (or similar)
- Your pup should be between 4 to 8 months of age.
- Your pup must be friendly towards people and other dogs and have good play skills with dogs of all sizes and temperaments.
- Your puppy should already know how to sit, down and come in a quiet environment because we will be teaching your puppy to respond to these cues under distracting conditions (lots of other puppies) and off leash.
- You must be willing to use lots of positive reinforcement and treats and be ready to have fun!